Energy supply companies in particular need to ensure that they have a clear view of pipelines on the ground, and that power lines are not obstructed by trees. For jobs like these, Heli Aviation operates a aerial saw that is vertically attached to the helicopter. A unique equipment that far exceeds the capabilities of all other saws in operation today. Designed with today’s technology, it is specifically built for rough conditions allowing it to operate all year with very few limitations and minimal down time. The Heli-Saw has (10x) 24″ blades to cut larger branches with each 20ft swatch and provides a smooth operation due to its great maneuverability. Compared to manual tree cutting, whereby transportation of staff and equipment stands for 90% of time, the usage of the Heli Saw reduces transportation to just 10%.
The Heli Saw is used to remove branches growing around high- and medium-voltage lines, pipelines, railways and streets. Our team performs precise cuts in the transmission routes of power lines and pipelines. Particularly in difficult to access areas you save time and money with our system! Time to start is very short and no specific ground equipment is necessary. Heli Aviation provides everything you need to make the job as cost effective as possible – from Ground Support Trucks with 1,000 gal Jet Fuel tanks to Ground Crew for safety and quick maintenance response times.
- Heli-Saw trims from the top of the tree down 80ft
- No encroachment on private land to access right-of-ways
- Immediate access to difficult to reach areas and terrain
- Average trimming under most conditions is 3 miles of right-of-way or 6 miles of side-wall per day when cutting a 40 foot path.
- Heli-Saw can do in one day what a ground-crew does in weeks